A very recent initiative on the part of the Province of British Columbia’ Ministry of Advanced Education is the requirement that all theological schools of Advanced Education in B.C. obtain from the Ministry its Educational Quality Assurance (EQA) designation. As one of thirteen such theological schools in B.C, the Seminary of Christ the King submitted its application and has now received its EQA designation.
- An EQA designation assures that an advanced educational institution, which hosts international students on study permits, has fulfilled the requirements of the Province in five areas of its functioning:
- Its operational capacity within Provincial legislation;
- Its financial capacity to provide the programs of study that it offers;
- Its adequate protection of its students in matters of tuition, dispute resolution, student contracts, and records;
- Its administrative capacity to meet the unique needs of its students;
- Its responsible maintenance of student enrollment records, especially international students.
- For more information on EQA visit www.bceqa.ca.