(2) RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE COMMUNICATION I. History of catechetical instruction; dynamics of religious education; unit planning; individual and group instruction; materials; supervised practice teaching of high school Religious Knowledge course. (Also listed as Education 510.)
(2) RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE COMMUNICATION II. Media and audiences; use of radio, TV and press; 1-minute spots; shared professional experiences; supervised practice teaching of high school Religious Knowledge course. (Also listed as Education 511.)
(2) VATICAN II DOCUMENTS.
(2) VATICAN II AND SUBSEQUENT DOCUMENTS.
(1-8) PASTORAL LITURGY. A course offered one period a week during each year of Theology, treating various areas of ministerial and ecumenical concern, highlighting the pastoral character of the Liturgy and providing a forum for evaluating trends in liturgical theology and practice.
(2) INTRODUCTION TO COUNSELLING I. Basic types of counselling; principles of pastoral counselling; shared professional experiences from various counselling situations. (Also listed as Education 530.)
(2) INTRODUCTION TO COUNSELLING II. Listening skills; guidance; patterns of interaction; crisis intervention; referrals; shared professional experiences from various counselling situations. (Also listed as Education 531.)
(2) SPIRITUALITY I. Introduction to the spiritual classics (from the beginnings to the fifteenth century) and to spiritual direction.
(2) SPIRITUALITY II. Spiritual classics and guidance from the sixteenth century to the present.
(1-8) HOMILETICS. Theology of preaching, practice in writing and delivering various kinds of sermons; emphasis on the homily in the context of the liturgy; group criticism.
(1-8) IN-SERVICE PASTORAL TRAINING.
(1) PARISH ADMINISTRATION. Parish organisations; finances; records.
(1) SACRAMENTAL RITUAL. A practicum in the administration of the various sacraments.
(0) CHANT AND SACRED MUSIC. All students have weekly exercises in sacred music to foster active participation in the daily liturgy.